- Put aside a chunk of time each day to write my socks off
- Go to the gym and get super-fit
- Be groomed and fancy at all times, even if popping to the shop to buy milk
- Spend more time with friends in search of the perfect cupcake
- Enjoy some down time to stare at the clouds now and again
- If the cartoon was called He-Man and the Masters of the Universe – who were the Masters?
- What if Napoleon Solo was Hans Solo’s dad?
- Do all foods taste good dipped in golden syrup?
Although these thoughts are in a way perfect for being a writer – we’re inquisitive sorts – they aren’t very conducive for getting things done. The only problem is ‘getting things done’ slams down other words in my mind, which are:
DO IT NOW!
DO IT NOW!
And every little last atom inside me goes into quivering melt-down. Small steps needed, I think. But progress is being made, because I’ve booked time off work to really get the novel shipshape and ready for action. It’s almost ready to go. (And breathe, Jayne. Breathe.)
Are you good at organising your time?