- Check primary email. Every five minutes
- Check second email as well in case you gave out the wrong one
- Check old hotmail email you had when a student in case you had a memory black out on the competition form
- Check phone. Every ten minutes
- Check voice mail just in case phone has mysteriously malfunctioned
- Curse the skies
- Compulsively eat sweet things
- Stare into space looking tragic
- Lurk around WH Smith’s surreptitiously researching magazines that publish short stories as Plan B
- Write the next idea
While I am currently zinging through all stages 1 – 10, I seem to be lingering most on looking tragic. This could also be because I have caught the cold of doom that seems to be wafting around the office, and feel like I need to lie down on a bed of tissues.
So to cheer me up, what creative things are you doing? Working on the main novel – if so, what stage? Stuck on an edit? Researching the 18th century? Compulsively eating Dolly Mixtures (hey, that could be just me).
Picture credit: Denis Collette - gorgeous photography on Flickr.