Tuesday 26 August 2008

Pondering

Not so sure with the job at the moment… when I took it I suspected that there was a bloated monster bully lurking within that building, and sadly I was right – there she blows! While on the whole its not me she has her sights on, the very fact she is there, and I used to know her and how she operates, makes me feel a bit dispirited. Her gaze is like a lighthouse – pretty soon she will spot me in her deadlights, and then make my life subtly hell, as that is what she strives to do. Marvellous, I think, just what I need right now.

So am I debating… while I have no qualms about sticking this out – life’s too short, isn’t it? At least that’s my thinking…

The sort of songs I am listening to at the moment seem to reflect the way I am feeling – lots of Carpenters classics, and melodic harmonies - slightly bluesy whimsical songs, lyrics that ponder the future. I feel like I am in one of those rare moments in time when life can be viewed from two diametrically opposing angles – it can either look all crap, or all with a brink of promise. It doesn’t help that my moods swing violently between each viewpoint every day – one minute depressed, the next quietly optimistic. It’s all very strange…

I viewed a cottage at the weekend – oh it almost ticked all the boxes! It is in my favourite location ‘of all time’, very Agatha Christie, two bedrooms a decent size, a small courtyard garden (that was really a walled box with a pot plant) and within walking distance of a train station. The downsides are it has no bath, parking would be away down the road, and the front door opens straight into the front room. It is also opposite a pub – a very nice pub, so fairly handy, but could be noisy come spilling out time. It is a whole £150 cheaper than the flat… not saving a great deal there though, eh? I am going to arrange to see it again with J at the weekend – see it through his eyes, I might be cottage-biased and think all is lovely when it has rising damp and holes in the roof.

2 comments:

music obsessive said...

House sounds great - except for the pub. I wouldn't live opposite a pub for all the tea...well, beer in China - I like my peace (except when I'm playing very loud records of course).

Sounds like you should be listening to Duffy's 'Rockferry'. I think it'll suit you perfectly at the moment. Sort of melancholy but uplifting at the same time.

Jayne said...

We viewed the house again and it had quite a few problems I never noticed the first time around - cottage blindness! So still hunting - although I had a little look at what the same price would get us if say we were renting in Cambridgeshire, and nearly fell out of my seat in shock - 4 bedroomed cottages, perfect locations...! London is really annoying sometimes...

And you were right about Duffy's 'Rockferry'. Spot on - have it in the iPod now. Cheers!