Jane, from the lovely blog Plain Jane, gave me this little tag that has been bouncing merrily around the blogosphere. Thank you, Jane! (Incidentally - the word ‘blogosphere’ does not get flagged up in Word as something strange. How quick language adapts!)
Where were you five years ago?
1. Interviewing bands like Level 42, and actors like Josh Hartnett
2. Just started writing a regular quirky history article for a London-based magazine
3. Directing an online team of fifty freelance writers, mainly beginners who loved writing, encouraging them with their dreams
4. Thinking seriously hard about giving up smoking
5. Scribbling story ideas when no one was looking
Where would you like to be five years from now?
1. A published author, whose stories leave people with the slightly warm fuzzy feeling a good yarn can bring
2. Helping with the casting for the film of the first book (heeheehee, rubs hands with glee)
3. Owning my own home, somewhere with hidden nooks and book-filled crannies and a garden for my two cats (who will still be with me as my elderly furry advisors)
4. Happy and confident in my abilities, slightly slimmer and healthier but fully at peace with myself
5. With a man who loves me
What is on your to-do list today?
1. Work stuff (day-time)
2. Redrafting stuff (evening - chapter 22)
3. Blog-skipping (a merry game to play whilst at work doing Other Things)
4. Puzzling over the ending of Daphne du Maurier’s ‘The Birds’, and wondering whether every story I read by this marvellous author will leave me scratching my head and desperate to know more
5. Finding the cat basket in order to take the Naughty Tortie for her Expensive Teeth check up tomorrow (we are both so looking forward to it)
What five snacks do you enjoy?
1. Chocolate (Cadbury’s Twirl)
2. Madeira cake
3. Chocolate (Cadbury’s Buttons)
4. Wasabi peas
5. Chocolate (Cadbury’s anything)
What would you do if you were a Billionaire?
1. Give half of it to various charities – no one seriously needs to be a billionaire
2. Buy property in London, Cornwall, France and New York (okay – will I need to be a billionaire to do that?!)
3. Give money to my friends/family so they can achieve their own dreams
4. Hire Sir Paul McCartney to play a gig on my birthday (and I choose the play-list)
5. Organise an all-expense-paid get-together party for all the people on my blog-list! It would be so great to meet you all.
Tag! You’re it... (as I would love to read your answers!)
Rose over at A Rose Beyond The Thames
Kit over at Kit Courteney Writes
Linda over at Wanna Be A Writer
Karen over at Get On With It
Fran at Being Me
And now for Awards!
And, as you have no doubt surmised by my sequins and best gown, I also have a One Lovely Blog award to give away, awarded to me by the lovely Alex at Friends and Crocodiles.
Without further ado, and with a sultry flick of my feather boa, I award it to:
Ev over at All This and Heaven Too
Christine over at Inwardly Digesting
Amy over at Bring Yourself
Pamela over at From the House of Edward
Joanne over at Whole Latte Life
I also have another Award to give away, given to me by the fabulous Carol, at Under the Tiki Hut, and the fantastic Julie at Silver Lining. I am an honoured soul (and a hoarder).
So, squinting in the spotlight, I would like to give the Sweet Blog award too:
Lydia at The Word is my Oyster
MissKris at A Shelter From The Storm
Old Kitty at Ten Lives and Second Chances
Milton over at KittyChat
Lilly over at Stuff I Make, Bake and Love
More awards coming up over the weekend! But don’t worry, I will change my frock.