Thursday 30 August 2007

Blog Leap

That ‘next blog’ button up there is strangely addictive. I sometimes gaze at it thinking ‘where will it take me today?’ So far, every time I click on it, I go to two places, either to a God-fearing church person, whose profile starts with ‘I Love Jesus’, or to some ‘subscribe here for sexy women’ site type thing. It seems it is either Heaven or Hell in ‘next blog’ world. Or there is the third place, which could be either about God or about sexy women, I wouldn’t know as it is in a different language.

So let’s see where I go today… We are going to play a new game, based on the TV show Quantum Leap. It is called Blog Leap. I am going to take five leaps into the unknown. Maybe I will find a new blog to read to add to my not-quite-up-here-yet list of blogs. Maybe I will find something that makes me want to back away as fast as I can click. Who knows…

My first click takes me to Celebrity Gossip News, updated today with an entry stating ‘Zeta-Jones has a mouth like a truck driver!’ It is a blatant blog hoping to get money for ads, and looks like it is updated by a feed (every update is at 1.02am, very accurate for your usual blogger). It also feels like a disguised 'sexy woman' site. Let’s leap onwards to…

Marcia Marchi, a Malaysian girl’s blog. Since I cannot read Malaysian, I have no idea what she is blogging about apart from she likes to take pictures of fish and it was updated today. Skipping onwards…

To Thoughts, Reflexions and More Rambling. Am already frowning at the word ‘reflexions’, but lets assume he is some yoga buff and is trying to be clever. Actually, I think it may have been just a typo. The blog was updated today, is written by a Belgian man in English (ok, now I feel bad for pointing out a mistake) and some posts did catch my eye. Not sure it is one I will return to, but a good leap, that. Moving on to…

KiRei Site, an Inonysian girl’s blog. Written in her native language, I cannot understand a word, apart from that scripture on the left hand side. Uh huh… a look at her profile: ‘Nice, Friendly, sweetie, God lover’ and it is time to leap on to…

Wassenaar (Netherlands) Daily Photo. This site is from ‘Former Detroiters/Chicagoans now enjoying the expat life in The Netherlands.’ And yes, they post a daily photo about their new life. Sort of interesting if you like facts about The Hague.

So what did I get?

Sexy women: 1
God: 1
Different language: 2

The winner of today's Blog Leap is Thoughts, Reflexions and More Rambling, mainly because it is the only one that I can read that is a proper blog. It hasn't made it to the Link Hall of Fame, but it got me through my morning coffee.

If you want to find any of these blogs, I am sure a quick copy and paste into a search engine will take you there. That is if you really want to go there, of course.

No comments: